Monday 2 February 2009

Michael Phelps photographed smoking marijuana

Swimming icon Michael Phelps was photographed smoking marijuana thru a glass pipe!



News of the World, a British tabloid published the photo yesterday clearly showing 23-year-old Phelps drawing bongs. The photos were taken in November last year at a University of South Carolina house party, 3 months after he set records by winning 8 gold medals at the Beijing Olympics.

If you are a 14-time Olympic gold medalist, considered as the world's greatest swimmer and a role model for the youth, would you smoke marijuana?

Glass pipes are generally used to smoke cannabis. Marijuana or hashish is classified under the name 'cannabinoids' in the list of prohibited drugs under World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) rules, and athletes caught using drugs could face a two-year ban from the Olympics. Phelps also risks his endorsement deals, estimated to be worth $100 million over the course of his lifetime.

Phelps later issued a statement calling his behavior regrettable.

"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I’m 23 years old and despite the successes I’ve had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry," he said.



Click here if you want to read the full article with a photo showing Phelps smoking cannabis:
14-times Olympic gold medal winner Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe

4 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Weed steamrollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Cali bud for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Disposable vape pens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. marajuana delivery los Angeles

    ReplyDelete